Dji mavic pro footage

Dji mavic pro footage

Postby Billywhizz888 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:20 pm

After last cortina club national I had my old drone and could only see footage once memory card in computer tho did capture one or 2 shots before drone packed in. That was a propel spyder Xl. Perfect starter drone for understanding controls ect.

So spent last of savings and splashed out on a dji mavic pro and I'm already blown away with it what it can do. The height and distance it can go and the photography side of things.

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/photos/s ... 2fb9b57158

Above link is the mini world pano and when click on photo it self turns into a vr 360 photo.

360 photo above gartness airdrie
Billywhizz888

Re: Dji mavic pro footage

Postby highlander » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:13 pm

Impressive, like that mini planet software and a top machine that. Recently splashed out on a much more tame model (hubsan 501s) which is much more suited to a newbie like me than your high end beast but one day maybe., I probably look like an escaped maniac to passers by zigzagging about my field with the drone on follow me and me grinning wildly because I can't seem to outrun it........but I'm having fun!
The GPS and FPV are real saviours on this given I am new to all things drone so even when it is a couple hundred metres away and not even a speck on the horizon I can always bring it back safely either by using the FPV or the home function.
highlander

Postby Andrew[MG] » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:19 pm

That's a cracking photo!
Andrew[MG]
Site Admin

Postby Billywhizz888 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 am

Old roller coaster at abandoned Camelot theme park

Local reservoir
Billywhizz888

Postby Billywhizz888 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:30 am

highlander wrote:Impressive, like that mini planet software and a top machine that. Recently splashed out on a much more tame model (hubsan 501s) which is much more suited to a newbie like me than your high end beast but one day maybe., I probably look like an escaped maniac to passers by zigzagging about my field with the drone on follow me and me grinning wildly because I can't seem to outrun it........but I'm having fun!
The GPS and FPV are real saviours on this given I am new to all things drone so even when it is a couple hundred metres away and not even a speck on the horizon I can always bring it back safely either by using the FPV or the home function.

You be surprised how easy the mavic is to fly. Can tap a button and it will take off and hover at a set height. Rerun home button where it will land on same spot took off from. Dead simple to use
Billywhizz888

Return to Photography & Video