Best wax for my Cayman

Best wax for my Cayman

Postby PaulC » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Hey guys,
Ive previously always had Black or White cars and thought i needed a bit of colour in my life so bought a Guards Red 981 Cayman. My main concern is fading of the colour over time (not sure if it has clear coat, i read somewhere that the Guards Red didn't) so was wondering what everyone uses as wax and what would offer the best protection?

Thanks in advance
PaulC

Re: Best wax for my Cayman

Postby Robert Burns » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:27 am

Gtechniq EXO Ultra Durable Hybrid Coating

I'm running this. Once a year I clay the car then apply this. Lasts the 12 - 18 months and all you really need to do is a snow foam clean after.

You could also find someone who does Gtechniq Crystal Serum applications or do it yourself. That stuff is damm good, expensive but last around 3 - 5 years. Warning if applied wrong. It will been a visit to the bodyshop so professional who has insurance is the only way i would ever do that stuff.
Robert Burns

Postby PaulC » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Thanks i'll maybe give that a go. Seeing as we are getting great weather at the minute would be ideal time to get the car sorted. Where is the best place to get it? Online or do any shops stock it?
PaulC

Postby Robert Burns » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:49 am

I use Cleanyourcar.co.uk

The Getechniq stuff is a bit more expensive and other sealants are out there but for me it works really well. its my pride and joy and i wouldn't put crap on it. Wax is a good protective but UV and chemicals it can't deal with so a sealant is the best way to go.

The stopped selling the ultra coating but the exo hybrid is still just as good.
Robert Burns

Postby highlander » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:04 am

I thought 100% carnauba gave UV protection?
highlander

Postby Robert Burns » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:10 am

highlander wrote:I thought 100% carnauba gave UV protection?

From what i've heard it can but not for long (6-8 weeks before carnauba starts to wear). Once you start getting the road grime and chemicals from washing on then it can start to take that away quickly.
You can do your paint sealant then top up with carnauba.
Robert Burns

Postby highlander » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm probably OCD addicted to waxing so every 8 weeks is probably late for putting on a wax layer for me! Lol
highlander

Postby PaulC » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Ive ordered some of the Getechniq so decided to put some Meguiars Gold Carnauba Wax on today to keep it going for a few weeks then will use the Getechniq next time :-)

The Meguiars gave a decent result and had been recommended the Autoglym Wax too but think il wait until I try the Getechniq first

PaulC

Postby Mark89 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:20 pm

Angel Wax do a very wide range of different waxes and if you contacted them and spoke to John he will give you all the information about waxes you'll ever need and tell u what's best to do for your paint.

And the OG of Detailing Gordon at Defined Details is an awesome guy and he does a wide array of services such as ceramic coating.
Mark89

Postby highlander » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:49 pm

A bit old hat, but IMO, you can't beat Harley's wax.
highlander

Postby Neil A » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:12 pm

For the last few years I've been using waxes from "back magic detailing" , very easy on /off and give a long lasting shine.
Neil A

Return to Germans