Z3MCoupes

Z3MCoupes

Postby OlberJ » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:33 pm

I'm back thinking I really need to try one of these out for a year. Who's all owned one? Any stories you care to share?

I don't think the straight 6 is quite going to match the air cooled flat 6 but it does sound good when it gets going. Very raspy!

Image

Any good reasons against them?

Are they quick on the road or more of a handful?

Opinions please.
User avatar
OlberJ
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:29 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby Angelus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Als911 recently bought one, I'm sure he could give you the low down on recent ownership compared to the 911? I just remember the silver one following me on one of Barry's runs. I was in the 928 and he was a couple of inches off my back bumper and keeping up very easily. ( No comments about my driving allowed....) :D
User avatar
Angelus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby shocks » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Angelus wrote:Als911 recently bought one, I'm sure he could give you the low down on recent ownership compared to the 911? I just remember the silver one following me on one of Barry's runs. I was in the 928 and he was a couple of inches off my back bumper and keeping up very easily. ( No comments about my driving allowed....) :D


You need to learn Lee that the rule is the slower cars allow the faster cars to pass... at least in the 928 anyway ;-)
shocks
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby Angelus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:44 pm

shocks wrote:
Angelus wrote:Als911 recently bought one, I'm sure he could give you the low down on recent ownership compared to the 911? I just remember the silver one following me on one of Barry's runs. I was in the 928 and he was a couple of inches off my back bumper and keeping up very easily. ( No comments about my driving allowed....) :D


You need to learn Lee that the rule is the slower cars allow the faster cars to pass... at least in the 928 anyway ;-)

I only remember one occasion when you passed the 928................. and I had slowed down to put some distance between me and black BMW with all the blue flashing lights in front of me. No? :o
User avatar
Angelus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby Davidz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:59 pm

I have one, I love it .... if the rain stays off I'll bring it to B & B tomorrow if not I'll be in a black RS4, feel free to pester me about the z3mc though.

How do I post up pictures?
Davidz
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby Angelus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Davidz wrote:
How do I post up pictures?

You need to use something like photobucket, upload to there then post the link.
User avatar
Angelus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby Davidz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Angelus wrote:
Davidz wrote:
How do I post up pictures?

You need to use something like photobucket, upload to there then post the link.


Will do cheers
Davidz
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby Davidz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:37 pm

After 2 failed attempts at pictures I think I'll bring the car tomorrow instead
Davidz
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby KB_S1 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:47 pm

I have found the easiest way to post pics is using something like flickrm then getting the bbcode for sharing and just copy/paste the lot in.
KB_S1
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby Davidz » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Image

Picture at last
Davidz
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby Phunk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:34 pm

If you want something to fix up, there's been a red one sitting inside my work for the last 3 years that hasn't moved.

Can find out if they want to part with it?
Phunk
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:11 pm

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby Andrew[MG] » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:54 am

A Z3M? You should definitely find out!
User avatar
Andrew[MG]
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby KB_S1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Find out - find out -find out!
KB_S1
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Z3MCoupes

Postby m1key » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Could be a project for Olie?
m1key
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:11 pm


Return to Germans

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron