Porsche help

Porsche help

Postby PB51VAN » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi all,

I have a 09 Boxster which I've owned for the last 9 months and couldn't have been happier with it until the other night. I started it up to go for a drive and two error messages came up, one being Drive off Assistant failure and the other being PSM Failure. The extended warranty on the car ran out at the end of last month, which is just typical.

I could do with some advice/suggestions if possible? any recommended independents?

Regards,

Ivan
PB51VAN

Re: Porsche help

Postby Angelus » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:20 am

Did you wheel spin when you drove off? The car might have detected an imbalance in the rotation of wheels and disabled the system, or it could be a faulty sensor? I have the software to re-set the systems for you, if you wish? You can then see if it re-occurs?
Angelus
Site Admin

Postby m1key » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:46 am

Hopefully it will just be a sensor playing silly buggers.
For an independent in the central belt, I'd recommend Motortune (Peter) in Shotts.
m1key

Postby Pepsi_Max » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:14 pm

When the PSM went on my Boxster it turned out to be a fuse. BTW it was Peter at Motortune that solved it !
Pepsi_Max

Postby PB51VAN » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:49 pm

The ground was uneven however I wasn't aware of any wheel slippage. The only thing I can think of is that the car was on a bit of an incline and when I put it in drive the car moved forward before I could release the handbrake. I don't know whether that would have caused the drive off assistant failure.

I will check the fuse tomorrow and if that fails here hoping it's just a sensor as a few of you have mentioned. Had a brief search for Motortune in shotts after the suggestion and they appear to get a good write up which I'll probably end up going to. Another independent closer to home (near Torrance) came up called P for Porsche (in clydebank). Has anyone had any dealings with them? It would be much appreciated if the systems could be reset at some point.
PB51VAN

Return to Porsche Owners Scotland