New to this - snow foam

New to this - snow foam

Postby BobbyG » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Having spent a considerable time today washing the 4 cars on my driveway, only one of which was mine, I was wondering what is involved in getting the snow foam type stuff?
I have a PowerCraft pressure washer (Aldi or Lidl) but not sure how to go from that, to standing and covering the 4 cars in foam and then pressure washing them off!

Any simple guides and anywhere local to Glasgow to buy whats required or is it an online purchase?

Is it simply to get the bottle attachment and then the fluid? How much fluid would you use on an average car like a Fiesta / Civic?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
BobbyG

Re: New to this - snow foam

Postby Angelus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:06 am

I can only help with part of the question, but I have been told that the AutoSmart snow foam is the best and you can get it off the shelf at Steven Bryce's workshop in Wishaw, or place an order and you can pick it up at our breakfast meet on the 27th?
Angelus
Site Admin

Postby highlander » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:56 pm

Tbh, I'm not too fussed on brand so long as it is ph neutral.
You can get the snow foam spray bottles from fleabag fairly cheap but I don't know what the connector is on the lidl/aldi one you have so cannot recommend one......sorry. Search the model on the web and you should find which connector it has.
Once you get the flow rate correct (most work with twisting the nozzle, so simple enough trial and error) it is as easy as pie using them. I foam the whole car then straight line sweep with a lambs wool mitten, using a bucket to regularly rinse mitten to remove grit, then rinse off car and dry with micro fibre......but then I am known to be slightly OCD over cleaning them! Like most soap products, even ph neutral, I would not leave on any longer than a few minutes before removing.
I go through about 2 big snow foam container, so think maybe 5 litres?, over the summer with 4 cars but with only two needing washed over the winter maybe just under 1 SF container?
HTH
highlander

Postby BobbyG » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:16 pm

Cheers for info - will try finding a suitable lance first before buying some foam I think!

The downside of buying Aldi instead of K'Archer!!
BobbyG

Postby highlander » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:21 pm

BobbyG wrote:Cheers for info - will try finding a suitable lance first before buying some foam I think!

Found a link on detailing world suggesting aldi unit can be made to to fit kercher fittings. Check post 17 pic what to do.
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... ?p=4050601
highlander

Postby BobbyG » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Cheers - interesting!
There must be enough of these pressure washers around that someone would make a proper lance to fit it!!
BobbyG

Postby Andrew[MG] » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:14 am

highlander wrote:
BobbyG wrote:Cheers for info - will try finding a suitable lance first before buying some foam I think!

Found a link on detailing world suggesting aldi unit can be made to to fit kercher fittings. Check post 17 pic what to do.
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... ?p=4050601

That'll be handy for a lot of people I think!
Andrew[MG]
Site Admin

Postby Mark89 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:33 am

A PHneutral snowfoam that I use is from AngelWax called Fast Foam they are located in Renfrew where you chat to the owners Matt and John. John is also the mad scientist behind all of AngelWax's products and will give you all info needed on any product. Matt and Craig were at the meet on the 27th and will be at more and are happy to answer any questions you have or if you don't make a meet you can ask me the question and I will forward it on to john and copy and paste his reply to said question. Matt will also go out of his way to try and get you the attachment you need for your snowfoam lance.
Mark89

Return to Cleaning & Detailing