Porsche Boxster 2.5 1999

Porsche Boxster 2.5 1999

Postby Sideways Steve » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:25 pm

1999 Porsche Boxster 2.5 Manual in Arctic Silver Metallic with Black Leather/Alcantara Interior

Due to buying a 911 my cracking little Boxster is now up for sale.

The car has covered 124,000 miles and is MOT’d until January 2017 with no advisories and has just been fully serviced with genuine Porsche parts. It has only had 4 owners from new which is quite a low number for a 986 Boxster of this age.

This is not my first Porsche and I am a member of various Porsche clubs so when looking for another Boxster I took quite some time to find the right car as I have a good knowledge of all the common faults and weaknesses they can have.

This particular Boxster was a fairly high spec example with lots of nice factory optional extras such as 17” Boxster Design Alloys, fully automatic climate control, silver dials, colour coded centre console and roll hoops, removable wind deflector, rear shelf storage box, Red seat belts and leather interior trim including dash. It also came from the factory with the full leather sports seats as well but the previous owner decided they were uncomfortable and swapped them out for semi electric half leather half alcantara seats instead which is a shame but they are in very good condition with no rips, tears or bolster wear.

I ended up travelling over to Northern Ireland to buy this car and it with the aero kit already fitted, the front lip, rear lip and rear spoiler are believed to be Dura flex items and the side skirts are of unknown origin but are an excellent fit and are very good quality like the other parts. The previous owner also fitted a new MAF and Coil Packs prior to me getting the car.

The car has also been remapped at some point and it pulls much better than any other 2.5 I have ever driven. I also achieve 32mpg without any issue driving the car daily in mixed traffic so the fuel bill is not bad for a prestige sports car.

Over the last 6 months I have also carried out the following work to the car to ensure it is mechanically perfect and I have receipts for everything as proof:

New Drilled & Grooved Discs all round with Minted Fast Road Pads
New Aircon Condenser’s
New Aircon Drier Unit
Full Aircon service & Ragas (Now blows ice cold as it should)
New revised coolant header tank
New OEM Lower Suspension Arms “coffin arms” (Front & Rear)
New OEM Rear Track Control Arms “Tuning Forks”
Full Boxster S Sports Suspension Setup
Full Professional 4 Wheel Alignment by P for Porsche Glasgow
Hood fully treated and waterproofed
On board computer retrofit (OBC shows fuel range, MPG, average speed and speed limit)
De Ambered Headlights & Night breaker Bulbs
Crystal Side Repeaters & LED Bulbs
Clear/Red LED Rear Lights
LED Number Plate Lights

I have compiled a folder full of receipts for various things that have been done to the car since the original service book went missing. Form the moment you drive this car you know for a fact it has been very well maintained.

It does not use any oil or water, the engine runs perfectly with no leaks and is completely dry both under the engine cover and under the back of the car.

The soft top is in excellent condition and has had the rear window replaced at some point so its totally clear and haze free.

I am selling the car with its original and quite rare 17” Boxster Design alloy wheels to which I added a red stripe for a splash of colour. These wheels have 4x Porsche N rated tyres fitted to them with good tread left. The wheels are in reasonable condition but are a bit flaky in places and my intention was to have them refurbished at some point.

I also have a set of Cargraphic type 18” split rim style wheels with 4 nearly new matching mid range tyres fitted to them. The fronts are 8.5” wide and the rears are 10” wide so they really fill the arches well but these were bought second hand and do need a good bit of cleaning and polishing to get them looking great again. Id be happy to thrown these wheels in with the sale for an extra £500 which is very fair and covers the tyre cost alone!

The bodywork is in good condition for a 17-year-old car, its been used daily and is not a garage queen so has the usual wear and tear as you would expect it to have. Its had some paint here and there to take care of stone chips and obviously to paint the body kit but it really does look very healthy and gets a lot of nice comments at various car meets etc.

In 2009 the car was subject to an insurance claim due to rear bumper cover damage, it was damage to the bumper cover only and has been repaired but you can see where the damage was inside the rear number plate recess and this is the reason I am not asking for a ridiculous amount of money for this car.

I am only asking a little more than I was actually offered by the garage as a trade in so please bear this in mind before making me any silly offers folks!

I have probably missed a load of things out as I’ve done so much to the car but please feel free to ask any questions you may have. I would definitely suggest you come and see the car to be able to appreciate how good an example it is.

I will post more photos when I have a chance the first photos show the 18" wheels and the last few show the 17" ones.

I am looking for £4150 with both sets of alloys ONO or £3650 ONO with just the 17” ones.
PRIVATE PLATE HAS NOW BEEN REMOVED AND IS NOT INCLUDED

Call/Text – 07540198037
Email – Stevehannah@me.com

Sideways Steve

Return to For Sale