My Caterham 620R

Re: My Caterham 620R

Postby GreigM » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:36 pm

Craig wrote:I will be at Knockhill on the 4th at midday for a lesson, be good to get a catch up if you are about and a run out

Unfortunately can't get out that day - that old "work" crap getting in the way (normally I'd just skive off, but going on hols later in the week so not good timing). If you happen to be at the TT brekkie meet tomorrow I'll be there, but I imagine its a fair hurl for you to stand around in a car park in Motherwell :lol:

I'm also experimenting with some softer springs - I find the standard spring rates a bit crazy, they are borderline aero-car stiff (i.e. something with wings) and find the car can be unsettlingly lively over the bumps. I was at the 'ring last year and really didn't like how the car felt - was getting thrown about a fair bit, and I feel it is the same on-road, so keeping a set of softer springs for road/ring use and will put the original springs back on for more traditional flat/smooth circuits.
GreigM

Postby Craig » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:51 am

I am still out in Kazakhstan and not back until later on this coming week, unfortunately my rota has me away for the last Sundays of the month until October.
The car is booked in for its first service after Knockhill with Dreadnought, just a spanner check that all is as it left the factory. (Olie I will take you up on the service offer after the first year)

Once I get used to it I will look at the spring rates etc, got a lot to learn with it first though
Craig

Postby Angelus » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Car looked good today Greig. :D
Angelus
Site Admin

Postby GreigM » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Angelus wrote:Car looked good today Greig. :D

Thanks - if I had know someone might video it I would have thrown a sponge over it :oops:

I do need to get it properly resprayed though, I've managed to scratch the hell out of it and after damaging the nose and having it painted (cheaply!) it just doesn't look right - but I just wonder if after the first track day it'll look just as bad again....

Craig - I put my car into Kenny Brown for some setup changes, he was shocked at how poor the factory settings were (basically set up so the back end doesn't break loose under any circumstances) and he reckons it'll be much faster now......can't wait to try it, will report back.
GreigM

Postby Craig » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:33 pm

That sounds interesting, aye will be keen to see what the difference is between new and factory.

Where is Kenny Brown located?
Craig

Postby Hoonmeister » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:56 pm

Craig wrote:That sounds interesting, aye will be keen to see what the difference is between new and factory.

Where is Kenny Brown located?

He is in the Hillington Industrial Estate in Glasgow
Hoonmeister

Postby amccan10 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:31 pm

amccan10

Postby Craig » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:54 am

The kids are getting me that for christmas, its about the limit of my Caterham build skills!
Craig

Previous

Return to On the Road