My old Porsche is up for sale again

My old Porsche is up for sale again

Postby poprock » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:42 am

I’m not sure whether to be proud of how much it’s apparently now worth, or upset …

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112326927722

I sold it for £2,300 a few years back. I’d buy it back in an instant if I had the cash!

Anyone else got an old car they regret selling on and wish they could buy back?
poprock

Re: My old Porsche is up for sale again

Postby m1key » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Wow that's gone up in value a lot - presuming it sells for somewhere in the region of the advertised price.
In a similar vain , I do miss our 968 CS which is probably worth twice now what I sold it for, hey ho at least I didn't suffer much depreciation on it.
m1key

Postby Angelus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm upset it wasn't me who bought it..... :cry:
Angelus
Site Admin

Postby allandwf » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:23 pm

As long as you sold it for a fair price at the time, and used it to access the next car then no probs. We could all , no doubt, have made money keeping our old cars, but then you wouldn't have moved on to the next one.
allandwf

Postby poprock » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Nah, it wasn’t a fair price. I was skint after getting divorced. Couldn’t find a buyer and kept dropping the price further and further until I had to give in and let it go for peanuts. I literally couldn’t afford the road tax and insurance (and had nowhere off-street to store it) so had to sell for whatever I could get the day before they were due.

That’s why the rising value of the car still hurts a bit! C’est la vie. At least that couple of grand paid my rent for a while. It wasn’t all bad.
poprock

Return to On the Road