Knockhill meet - 29/04/2018 - after the fact

Motoring events to visit in 2018

Knockhill meet - 29/04/2018 - after the fact

Postby Corranga » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:17 am

I appreciate this isn't the most active forum in the world, but I'd rather post on here than argue with the (presumably largely Glasgow based) whingers on Facebook (you'd think that making cars move was a hard thing to do!) - some people don't know a good thing.

Great morning at Knockhill yesterday, started off a little cold, but by the time the wind burn set in, it was ok.
Decent selection of cars, and somehow folk seemed more approachable than the college meet I attended last year, for me anyway, perhaps because things were a little more spaced out. Good to see the meet at a different location, and obviously further north / closer to home for me.

Anyway, big thumbs up from me, and thanks to the organisers.

Chris
Corranga

Re: Knockhill meet - 29/04/2018 - after the fact

Postby Andrew[MG] » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks Chris!

The whole TT team really enjoyed it as it was much easier to organise the morning and so we had more chance to talk to people and see the cars. We're going to try and have another event there, but we need to have something else in the central belt too.
Andrew[MG]
Site Admin

Postby Angelus » Sat May 05, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks Chris, was a great morning and good fun. Not sure why some people feel the need to complain about the location? Some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, springs to mind. We should have been doing the breakfast and swapping east and west last year. But hindsite is a wonderful thing. Glad you enjoyed it though. :D
Angelus
Site Admin

Postby MarkR26 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:52 pm

I thought the meet at Knockhill looked really good. Unfortunately I was working so couldn't make it.
I must admit to raising my eyebrows at the destination for last month given that I'd have been driving from Paisley but I think it was a good idea for a couple of reasons that I won't go into.
I think a lot of people don't actually realise the amount of work that goes on to get these meets organised and the amount of hoops that need to be jumped through and it doesn't cost the punters a penny.

Anyway, there's a karting circuit there
MarkR26

Postby allandwf » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:30 am

I'll be heading down to see World of Supercars on the 12th of August. Maybe catch up with some of you there.
allandwf

Return to 2018 Events