Say hello to #ProjectC70 - my Late '00' Volvo C70 Coupé!

Say hello to #ProjectC70 - my Late '00' Volvo C70 Coupé!

Postby Forced Induction » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:55 pm

hey fellow TT Members, my name is Alex Jebson (new guy here) and this is my Late C70 Coupé 2.0 Turbo Manual, here is the spec list and what's been done to it over these last two years with most of it being done in the last year

So it has the 2.0 Turbo B5204T4 engine with an M56 Gearbox (Manual) as far as parts fitted, it's been given a Facelift from the later model Convertibles plus the US Spec Indicators and Facelifted rear lamps, interior wise it's got two tone full leather interior with heated seats, 3 disc changer (getting a six disc fitted in the boot in the next few weeks) it's the non GT model (so no satnav, no trip computer or sunroof etc.), parts wise it's also had new brakes fitted all round (all OEM including Brake discs (Vented in front, solid at the back) new Pads, new Calipers and new Retainers/Pad Carriers), she's also had a new hub kit, new sector ring and a new ABS Sensor on the O/S/F plus a new power steering suction hose fitted plus new dashboard trim, new centre console trim and a new gearknob fitted alongside a few new switchgear and blanking plates, she's sitting on 17" Factory BBS Propus's wrapped in Yokohama Blue Earth tyres which provide amazing grip plus low road noise and increased fuel economy, she's had a new air filter and a new Pollen Filter too, also fitted a new roof strip, I've had her for just over two years now and I bought her completely stock as my first car, i bought her off gumtree for £1200 off a Kia Salesman at Springside Motors Kia in Springside, Ayrshire, it was hardly getting used due to him having a company car, the reason why it's a project and why it's taking a year or so is because of the car needing work and lack of funds plus i also unfortunately suffer from epilepsy so need to wait a year till i can drive, so hopefully by August i can get it finished so i can start to drive it again, during the last year it's been an absolute labour of love and it's been really fun wrenching on my own car, on some occasions it's been stressful but when everything's went right it's been absolutely brilliant, it's now in a driveable state which makes things a whole lot easier, it still needs things doing to it including the Factory BBS's refurbished, the leather seats resprayed, the head unit fixed as it doesn't play CD's anymore, the steering wheel refurbished and a new exhaust system front to back amongst other things, best bit of all, the stuff what has been done has been done mostly by me and my stepdad apart from mechanicals as we don't have the tools, all in we've only used screwdrivers and a ratchet and socket set, no special tools in sight, also we don't have a garage neither so all the work we've done has been done on the street outside our house. This will be one car i just can't get rid off, it's definitely gonna be staying with me!

Here's some pictures of what's been done through ownership, I normally post pictures through Instagram through my soon to be business page called @forcedinductioncarspotting so you's are always welcome to go and check it out and keep up to date on the C70's progress

Forced Induction

Re: Say hello to #ProjectC70 - my Late '00' Volvo C70 Coupé!

Postby Angelus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:02 am

Looks good, the car is getting some TLC. 8-)
Angelus
Site Admin

Postby Forced Induction » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:14 am

Angelus wrote:Looks good, the car is getting some TLC. 8-)

Thanks a lot, it's been an absolute labour of love working on it, enjoyed every second of it - just need to get my license now but need to wait till August for that :/
Forced Induction

Postby Forced Induction » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:53 pm

So today's little task on #ProjectC70 was to try and get rid of some headlamp glaze on the O/S/F headlamp unit which was quite noticeable when looking at it, unfortunately the weather wasn't on my side today as it was blowing an almighty gale but i still got on with it. I started by popping the bonnet, then grabbed my 1/4 inch ratchet with a mid length extension and a 10mm socket and went ahead and undone the headlamp units, two bolts on one side, one under one of the headlight covers (twist it off to make access easier) once the bolts were undone, the indicator unit had to be popped outta place which isn't too difficult, either lean down and pop it out with a finger (held in with a clip) or use a small screwdriver and do the same trick, once done i disconnected all the electrical connections and removed both the indicator unit and the headlamp unit, i then took the headlamp unit in the house whilie i left the indicator unit inside the car out of sight. Once inside the house i then started to remove the glass lens from the unit itself which again is rather easy, it's held in with a number if black clips you pry off with a screwdriver (also there's a silver clip you also remove too) once removed the glass lens is away from the unit (be careful not to dislodge the rubber weather strip or the chrome plastic surround as it adds a little more work to be carried out and can be fiddly to put back in place) i then went and started to use my trusted Meguairs Carnuaba Wax which comes up wonders on different things I've used it on, i waxed the inside of the glass as well as the outside to hopefully try and shine it up but to no avail, i then started to use a Meguairs Headlamp Restoration Kit we had and it started to get rid of quite a bit of the glaze but not all of it, after doing the best i could i started to build it back up and refit it into the car, any feedback is welcome and also some help and advice is also welcome too as I don't want to get a new unit or new glass as they're rather expensive for a replacement. Below is some pictures of what's been done today (easier to explain in pictures):)

Forced Induction

Postby Angelus » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:50 am

It's all those wee jobs that make the difference in a car. 8-)
Angelus
Site Admin

Return to Projects