Eunos Roadster (1.8) Mazdaspeed B-Spec Stage II

Re: Eunos Roadster (1.8) Mazdaspeed B-Spec Stage II

Postby scotty dugg » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:13 am

Johngtr32 wrote:Great job done on what now looks a cracking little car. Look forward to seeing it at a meet soon.

highlander wrote:Wow Scott, just......wow!
What a transformation, well done that man!

Andrew[MG] wrote:All the effort looks to have paid off. That's going to be a cracking wee hoon machine for the summer months!

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words.

Is there anywhere recommend in Glasgow for Hunter 4-wheel alignment and anywhere for hydro-dipping?
scotty dugg

Postby scotty dugg » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:02 am

Time for another update, spent the majority of the weekend past sorting out the car, ready for the local owners club annual gathering.

Firstly, removing, cleaning and refitting the passenger electric window as it was slow as! It's improved but I think the motor has all but given up. Refitted internal door weather seals using gutter sealant of the "non-hardening" variety, hopefully it does better than the silicone used last time.
ImageMX5 NA 05/18 by Scott Reid, on Flickr
Also fitted new door cards and door pulls, removing the original handles and giving a bit extra room. Also fitted; new gear knob, Vent Surrounds, HVAC Knobs and Handbrake Handle.
Fitted the Carbon surround to the gauges and brushed needle cap covers:
Deleted the charcoal canister, in an attempt to tidy up the engine bay and source an intermittent fuel smell. It's exposed some corrosion in the engine bay that'll need some sorting sooner rather than later.

Also fitted some window toggle switches to match the rest of my switch gear:
Next steps for the interior are flock the gauge cowl and try dying the seats as they are really letting it down now.

Attended the club gathering on the Sunday with an organised run beforehand, glad to finally have the car out on the road:
ImageMX5 OC Gathering 05/18 by Scott Reid, on Flickr

This weekend I'm finally taking the car down to our new house. A friend and I are going to drive down at the weekend, trying to catch as many good roads as possible, but I'll save that for a future update (I hope it makes it).

Car will need a hunter 4 wheel alignment so if anyone can recommend somewhere in Glasgow it'd be much appreciated.

When is the next monthly meet? :D

Thanks for reading.
scotty dugg

Postby Andrew[MG] » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 am

Looking good! It's a shame we've still not managed to secure the Breakfast Meet location so you can show it off...
Andrew[MG]
Site Admin

Postby scotty dugg » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:07 am

Andrew[MG] wrote:Looking good! It's a shame we've still not managed to secure the Breakfast Meet location so you can show it off...

Ah that's a shame, well I'll just tidy it up until one is found then :D
scotty dugg

Postby Johngtr32 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:49 am

Car is looking better all the time. The only place I know that does 4 wheel laser tracking is Helensburgh Toyota. Bit of a trek I know, but would recommend them as they transformed the handling on my 4-wheel steer Skyline GTR.
Johngtr32

Postby scotty dugg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:51 am

Johngtr32 wrote:Car is looking better all the time. The only place I know that does 4 wheel laser tracking is Helensburgh Toyota. Bit of a trek I know, but would recommend them as they transformed the handling on my 4-wheel steer Skyline GTR.

Thanks, I've contacted them, only 40 minutes away for me so not too bad actually.
scotty dugg

Postby scotty dugg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:50 am

The time finally rolled round that the car was finished and ready to be driven from my parents to my new house, roughly 160 miles. So what do you do; stick your friend on the insurance, plan a road trip with a route that collects some of the best driving roads you know (roughly 380 miles) and watch as the weather decides to throw a yellow warning for rain.......maybe not that last part.

The route took us up to Inverness, across to Applecross and down the west coast to Glasgow, passing through Fort William and Glencoe. We managed about 70% with the roof down, before the rain really started.

Just after Inverness:
ImageMX-5 Road Trip by Scott Reid, on Flickr

Halfway up the road to Applecross:

Obligatory Applecross sign photo:

Eilean Donan Castle (Near Isle of Skye):

Only major issue is that the alignment is suicidal in standing water of any depth, so that's on the list next. It's done 1100+ miles since the engine swap and hasn't used any coolant or oil in that time.

No major updates to come, just fix a few niggles and get out and enjoy it over summer.

Thanks for reading.
scotty dugg

Previous

Return to Projects