4 post ramp installation

Re: 4 post ramp installation

Postby EcurieArgyll » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Update: The car was indeed exactly where I left it when I went back this morning. Hurray.

It is now covered in lots of wee Tour de France blue paint pimples rather than lots of wee white stone-chips.Next week I need to summon the courage to flatten them all back.
EcurieArgyll
Site Admin

Postby Angelus » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:14 pm

EcurieArgyll wrote:
It is now covered in lots of wee Tour de France blue paint pimples rather than lots of wee white stone-chips.Next week I need to summon the courage to flatten them all back.

We need before and after pictures of that too please. :D
Angelus
Site Admin

Postby EcurieArgyll » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:34 pm

A wee update....

5 months on and I love my ramp. I store precious car on top of precious car with confidence. The most it has ever settled was about 1cm and that was over a period of weeks. (Famous last words - I am currently in London and will probably come back to a Maserati/Jaguar soup in my garage now that I have said that)

I have had really good use out of it for simple cosmetic maintenance too (ie cleaning underside, topping up dinitrol, cleaning the backs of alloy wheels, checking underneath cars etc)

As winter approaches and various tasks are planned (eg attacking surface rust on underside of E-type and renewing stone-chip/dinitrol), I realise the one major flaw in trying to combine a ramp for both the purposes of increasing storage and car maintenance..........

.....the car underneath will have to go out in the pi**ing rain while I work on the one above! Doh

For storage purposes at least, I have to say, it works well and is a lot cheaper than a second garage.
EcurieArgyll
Site Admin

Postby OlberJ » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:38 pm

EcurieArgyll wrote: I love ramp

They are the business.
OlberJ
Site Admin

Postby OlberJ » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:28 pm

OlberJ
Site Admin