Monza 2015

Post your Euro road trips in here.

Monza 2015

Postby m1key » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Monza 2015...
m1key
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Monaco 2014

Postby allandwf » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Went to Monza two years ago, was excellent, and so better organised than Silverstone was.
User avatar
allandwf
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Monaco 2014

Postby EcurieArgyll » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Monza sounds good
User avatar
EcurieArgyll
Site Admin
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Monaco 2014

Postby terzo neil » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:12 pm

yes monza sounds good
terzo neil
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Monaco 2014

Postby Angelus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:36 pm

EcurieArgyll wrote:Monza sounds good

What year? This year? As It's unlikely I'll make Monaco ( still got my room booked in Nice just in case I do make it ) or Le Mans this year, I just want to keep my options open. :D
User avatar
Angelus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Monaco 2014

Postby m1key » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:25 pm

Angelus wrote:
EcurieArgyll wrote:Monza sounds good

What year? This year? As It's unlikely I'll make Monaco ( still got my room booked in Nice just in case I do make it ) or Le Mans this year, I just want to keep my options open. :D

No a potential idea for 2015. I'll start a new topic to keep it separate from here.
m1key
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Monza 2015

Postby Angelus » Sun May 04, 2014 6:39 pm

I've remembered that I couldn't go this year because the date is around my daughters birthday. If I'm going next year, I need to be home on the 13 th of September. :shock:
User avatar
Angelus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Monza 2015

Postby m1key » Sun May 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Shouldn't be a problem if it sticks to the usual date of first weekend in Sept. That would make race day the 6th Sept. We could do the fun stuff on the way down then you could go the direct route home. Easily back in time for the 13th :)

Planning on looking into this a bit more post Le Mans.
m1key
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Monza 2015

Postby drangular » Tue May 27, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm in! :D
drangular
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Monza 2015

Postby drangular » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:37 am

2015 might be the last chance to go to Monza to see an F1 race!
http://www.espn.co.uk/italy/motorsport/ ... MP=OTC-RSS
drangular
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Monza 2015

Postby drangular » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 am

Here is a 'starter for ten' route to get the discussion going.
https://goo.gl/maps/BxmIm
This route could include :- Overnight ferry Hull- Rotterdam, some Bahn Storming, possible visit to the Nurburgring and the Porsche/Mercedes sites in Stuttgart, the Susten, Grimsel and Furka Passes in Switzerland, the Stelvio Pass in Italy, and the Varenna-Bellagio Ferry (the one the Top Gear guys did en route to Stelvio).
Alternatively it would be possible to miss out the Nurburgring and Stuttgart visits and do Rotterdam to Lucerne in one day (Mike, Kim and I stayed at a great hotel in Horw just south of Lucerne). This would allow for a couple of days to play in the mountains and do the passes before heading down to the Lakes then onto Monza.
drangular
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Monza 2015

Postby m1key » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:09 am

Now Looking unlikely that Kim & I will be able to do a big euro trip next year. Will possibly be up for a trip in 2016 though as definitely still want to do Monza.
m1key
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Monza 2015

Postby Angelus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:03 pm

m1key wrote:Now Looking unlikely that Kim & I will be able to do a big euro trip next year. Will possibly be up for a trip in 2016 though as definitely still want to do Monza.

Looks like Monza is 2015 or bust? If it gets removed from the F1 calendar then you'll never see it in all it's glory.

Did I ever tell you about the time Fernando and I had a walk round the pits in Monza? If I remember it was while you sat in a traffic jam in Turin waiting on us m1key. :lol:
User avatar
Angelus
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Monza 2015

Postby m1key » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:01 pm

Angelus wrote:
m1key wrote:Now Looking unlikely that Kim & I will be able to do a big euro trip next year. Will possibly be up for a trip in 2016 though as definitely still want to do Monza.

Looks like Monza is 2015 or bust? If it gets removed from the F1 calendar then you'll never see it in all it's glory.

Did I ever tell you about the time Fernando and I had a walk round the pits in Monza? If I remember it was while you sat in a traffic jam in Turin waiting on us m1key. :lol:

That must of been the day you when the wrong way! ;)

Can't see Monza being removed from the calendar, just Bernie talking rubbish. Either way, looks like we can't do 2015 at the mo.
m1key
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:11 pm


Return to Euro Trips

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron